AMHA-OR is a not-for-profit Oregon mutual-benefit corporation. AMHA members include all licensed mental health disciplines.
The mission of the American Mental Health Alliance – USA is to support and market competent ethical mental health services.
AMHA protects ethical practice, emphasizing the primary responsibility of the therapist to the patient rather than to any third party.
AMHA-OR supports its members to integrate care with medical practices; and to enter ethical and accountable third-party payer contracts in service of high quality care and patient privacy.
Peer consultation is a requirement and benefit of AMHA-Oregon membership.
Opportunities for AMHA-Oregon members
- Member-owners of AMHA-OR may participate in ConnectingCare (IPA) Contracts with required training and agreements.
- Personal web page listing with multi-link, video and referral capability.
- Member-owners of AMHA-OR can participate in a widely distributed Print Directory, published annually when a sufficient number of members are willing to share costs of publication and distribution.
- Members are supported by opportunities and education that improve their clinical and business capabilities.
- Participation in development and operation of AMHA-OR is a vital aspect of membership.
- AMHA-OR is a learning organization.
- AMHA-Oregon's list-serve supports practice promotion, referrals and peer education.